Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
All the three Galaxy S21 series phones launched with Android 11 and Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin on top. Samsung will offer three major Android OS updates to the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra. The company also guarantees four years of security updates for all devices.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra get Android 12? December 2021 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra update
September 28, 2021: We’re still in September, but Samsung has apparently launched the October 2021 security patch. The new update (firmware version G991BXXU3AUIE) is currently hitting Germany and the Philippines, according to SamMobile. We’re guessing it’ll come to other markets in a few days to weeks.
To check if the update’s available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S21 series updates
- September 6, 2021: Samsung released the September 2021 Android security patch to the Galaxy S21 series (firmware version G99xU1UES4AUH9). It first landed on unlocked models in Europe and the United States. There do not appear to be any new features or improvements with the rollout.
- August 25, 2021: Samsung pushed out One UI 3.1.1 to the Galaxy S21 series (via Tizen Help). The rollout is happening in the United States for T-Mobile variants and also happening in Canada for select models. One UI 3.1.1 launched with the new foldable phones from Samsung: the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. It brings a handful of new features and improvements. You can see the full list of changes here. It also includes the August 2021 security patch, but Galaxy S21 phones should have already received that from the previous update this month.
- August 10, 2021: Firmware version G99XU1UEU4AUGE is rolling out. There’s no word on what this update may entail, but expect the usual helping of fixes and security buffs. According to Verizon‘s patch notes for the S21 Ultra, the firmware also provides “performance improvements.”
- July 13, 2021: Firmware version G99xBXXU3AUG4 brought Android Auto fixes to the S21 series.
- June 22, 2021: Samsung Galaxy S21 series users in the US gained firmware version G99xUSQU4AUF5 (h/t SamMobile). The update brought improved Portrait mode effects, addressed overheating issues, and reduced the lag when zooming. The June 2021 Android security patch was also included.
- June 17, 2021: Samsung rolled out a new update with firmware version G99xxXXU3AUF6 in South Korea, Germany, and Thailand (h/t SamMobile). The update brought fixes to the camera lag issues, it remedied overheating problems and added improved Portrait mode effects.
- May 28, 2021: Samsung started rolling out the June security patches for the Galaxy S21 series (h/t SamMobile) in a few countries. The update carries firmware version G991NKSU3AUE8, G996NKSU3AUE8, and G998NKSU3AUE8 for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and the Galaxy S21 Ultra respectively.
- April 27, 2021: Samsung rolled out firmware version G99xBXXU3AUDA (h/t SamMobile) to the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra with a hefty download size of 1.2GB. It brought the May 2021 security patch to the phones and contained improvements to both the camera and Quick Share feature.
What Samsung Galaxy S21 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!
If you’re looking for another update, be sure to visit our Android 11 update tracker.